TRIQS Top 5 benefits of T-Levels

With a new academic year underway, you may be thinking ahead to the future and what path you want to take – and one of these options is T-Levels!

T-Levels are designed for 16-19 year olds who have not enrolled in another type of post-16 education; they are a gold standard vocational course and since their introduction in 2020 are becoming a more and more popular option for young people.

We love that this provides a new way into the construction industry; construction-related T-Levels include:

  • Building Services Engineering for Construction
  • Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction
  • Onsite Construction

TRIQS’ top 5 benefits of T-Levels include:

They make a great alternative to A-Levels

If you are interested in a more vocational approach to post-16 education, T-Levels could be a great choice for you – one T-Level is worth the same number of UCAS points as 3 A-Levels, and is being recognised by a wide range of universities. 

They’re free

Since this is designed for 16-19 year olds after leaving school, you don’t have to pay anything!

You get to go on placement 

A huge benefit of T-Levels is that whilst 80% of time is spent in the classroom, the other 20% is spent on a minimum 9-week placement with an employer.

You will get a nationally recognised qualification

There are 3 possible qualification grades (pass, merit or distinction), and you will receive a certificate with your grade, which will be invaluable for your next steps.

They provide valuable skills

Especially with your industry placement, you will get a real insight to what your future career will entail, and you can make important connections that could prove vital later on. 

If you want to read more about the best paths you can take to get into construction and related roles in the industry, check out our previous top 5 blog here.

And if you are currently searching for a job in the industry, TRIQS has some very exciting opportunities, including becoming chartered and working in nuclear, aviation, highways, data centres and more. 

For more information and to apply, contact Stuart Rank on 0330 022 0525 or email