To mark Learning At Work Week 2022, we spoke to our current apprentice, Finley Wardley, about their time at TRIQS so far!
- What is your job role?
Assistant quantity surveyor
- What does this entail?
Onboarding subcontractors, obtaining prices for works, organising task orders, assessing payment actions, revising quotations and more.
- How long have you been at TRIQS?
- Why did you choose to do an apprenticeship?
I believe an apprenticeship was the best option for me, as I gain valuable work experience and a degree at the same time.
- What have you learnt since you started your apprenticeship?
I’ve learnt a lot about the roles of a QS and what is required to do my job correctly. I’ve also learnt traffic management layouts and a lot about roads and highways – different assets/elements etc.
- What support have you received from TRIQS?
I’m in constant contact with numerous TRIQS operatives, enrolled into UCEM, and I always have someone available to answer any questions I may have.
- What projects have you assisted on?
HMPF/TfL London Contract (TKJV).
- What has been your highlight so far?
Getting satisfaction from doing work correctly i.e. formulating quotations from scratch.
- Are there any skills you still want to develop?
I need to continually improve all my skills as I progress through my university course and work contract.
- What are your goals for the rest of your apprenticeship and career?
To obtain a RICS Chartership and become a valued member of TRIQS.
- What would you say to someone considering an apprenticeship?
Go for it!